sel's spot

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Screamed Like A Girl, But That's Because I Am One!

Hello everyone and welcome to my weekly update.

Now firstly i must apologise because some of you might be wondering where last weeks blog was, well since logging i nto write this blog i noticed that i had forgotten to publish the last one, instead of pressing the 'Publish Post' button i pressed 'Save Now' so sorry about that, but if you scroll down to the end of this blog, it will be there!

Anyway, moving on, last Monday work was dreadful and i mean dreadful! I wont go into detail because i dont want to go on and on about it, but basically i am really fed up with work. I just want to be able to do something i can really enjoy and be creative with and i feel that i am sometimes wasted at being a Secretary. But the day went by quite quickly and before i knew i was at home.

My lovely, claret, blue and bits of gold Villa tickets had arrived, which cheered me up. I sat and watched tv and my usual dose of Eastenders and other weekly tv programmes, whilst Kieron played on Warcraft.

Tuesday the day at work didnt get much better, i just did what i needed to do and clock watch all day!

In the evening i was very kindly invited round to my brother's as Carl, Adam and John were going round to play on Rock Band for the Xbox. Now since i was little i've always wanted to have a go at playing the Drums and my brother thought i could have a go on the Drums for Rock Band.

I got round to Gaz's for about 8.30pm and John was already setting it all up. It wasn't long before Carl and Adam arrived and they were soon showing me how it was done.

Carl was on Bass Guitar, Gareth was on Lead Guitar, Adam was on Drums and John was the Singer. I must admit the Mothers of Destruction (their band name) were very good. After a couple of turn watching i bravely picked up the drum sticks, you get 4 drum pads and the bass pedal. It was a bit weird at first but once you get in to it and you overcome the "how stupid do i look?" feeling its really great fun. In fact ever since i had a go ive wanted my brother to go and buy Rock Band so i can have more go's! I had a few turns of the Drums adn then had a small go at the singing (which i wasn't very good at!).

After having my fill i left my brothers at 10.30pm and got back home to watch the last bit of Big Brother before going to bed.

Wednesday the day was ok, it seemed to go by quickly. Ive been keeping my head and jsut getting on with things so that my weekend would hurry up!

In the evening i started reading Richard Hammond's autobiography which i borrowed of Gaz, its mainly focused on his crash he had back in 2006 (i couldn't believe it was that long ago either!) and how he suffered and recovering from brain damage.

Thursday was alright, it was Tony's birthday so at lunch time he took us all for a drink in the pub next door.

In the evening i went for more pubbing, as i met up with Rosey and Dan since i haven't seen them in a while and also they were there to try and cheer me up due to work etc.

We met at the Reservoir and sat having a quiet chat and a drink. They did cheer me up (thank you Rosey and Dan) and we decided to call in a night at 10pm. When i got home me and Kieron watched Big Brother before going to bed.

Friday was an ok day, the day (thankfully) whizzed by and i was home before i knew it. I sat and watched the Big Brother Eviction and then carried on reading my book before going to bed.

Saturday was a nice day i got up in the morning and recieved a parcel from the Postman. Kieron had ordered a game off Play.com for the PS3. Its a card game that then interacts with the Playstation and its called The Eye of Judgement.

After opening all the boxes, me and Kieron set it up. In the afternoon mum, Gareth, nan and grandad came round the flat for a change, mainly so that Gareth could have a go at Kieron's new game. We were all having a nice drink and chat and Steve decided to pop round because he was bored.

In the evening Steve stayed with Kieron and i poped round to see Natalie. We were having a nice chat when we heard a rather loud noise. Basically next to Natalie's house there is a drive way, which leads to the back of the houses to some garages. Some lads had driven up there with their chaved-up Metro and were prating about in the car adn making a lot of noise!

During the course of the evening they were hanging about right next to Natalie's front door and we had to go and tell them to shut up because they kept waking Natalie's children up.

I decided to call the Police to get them to move the group on but they wouldn't come out unless they lads had caused damage! Thanks very much stupid Coppers!

I decided i wouldn't leave Natalie on her own until Steve got back. By which point it was 11.30pm and they were still outside so i called Kieron and told him to get Steve to come home. It was not 11.45pm and all of a sudden there was a loud bang, to which me and Natalie s**t oursleves! I shouted out "Hello" but there was nothing, no answer, no sound. Me and Natalie (bravely) moved towards the living room door, and i shouted "Hello" again, still no answer. So we decided that we would both run and switch some lights, i would run to the Kitchen and Natalie would turn the Bathroom light on. We ran full pelt towards the light switches when all we heard was another bang.

We screamed and ran back in to the living room and we sat huddled on the sofa, when Steve walked in to the living room. Me and Nat felt a bit silly but we didnt care. I think we had hyped oursleves up with "what if" situations. So i said my goodbyes and, practically ran to the car to get home.

Sunday was a relaxing day, me and Kieron went and did the shopping and sat chilling. In the evening i went down to nans for usual for tea.

Well i think that's about it this week so cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter