sel's spot

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

118 118 Are an Hour In Front!

Hello everyone, my weekly update is upon us once again..

So last Monday back to work i went (and so did all of you lot) and what lovely sunshine we had. Work was busy with phonecalls but i didn't mind as it kept me busy. The day went whizzing by and i was back home before i knew it.

In the evening i watched some tv whilst Kieron was generally browsing the internet for books and new games etc etc.

We both watched Big Brother and went to bed.

Tuesday and work had slowed down a bit, i had my filing to do so that helped to keep my day moving. There were a few people out of the office so that gave a nice relaxed feel for the day.

In the evening me and Kieron attempted to cut our front lawn (well it was more like a forest). I popped round my mums to borrow her shears, game back and started hacking it away. It took us over an hour to get done, well you see me and Kieron just don't like gardening and we put off mowing the lawn for weeks and then it gets out of control, so we dont really do ourselves any favours but we hate gardening (plus as i mentioned before we are both hayfever sufferers!).

When we got back in we had some tea and sat and watched Gordon Ramsay's F Word, Big Brother and then we went to bed.

Wednesday morning i got up and felt like a bus had hit me. My neck, shoulders and back were stiff and my chest was wheezy and poor Kieron could hardly breath or walk! We had been attacked by the dreaded Pollen! Yep, our hayfever had gotten so bad we couldn't make it to work.

I went and had a shower to help ease the stiffness in my neck whilst Kieron made us a cup of coffee and some breakfast.

We sat on the sofa watching a bit of daytime tv for a bit and then we sat and decided to watch a film. We paid for a film off Virgin called The Nines. Its a bit weird (and a little bit pants!) an actor breaks up with his girlfriend and goes on a mad one (drink driving, crack etc) and gets placed under house arrest and he starts finding notes in the house, that he cant remember writing, and he thinks he can hear people talking upstairs etc. However it all unravels at the end where basically two other versions of himself (in different dimensions) have intertwined into his current/present realm. If you still dont understand look it up or watch it yourself!

In the evening we had some tea and then watched the Final of The Apprentice, which i thought was really good!

Thursday me and Kieron went back to work, even though we still felt a bit lousy. I (thankfully) didn't have much to do so i had quite a peaceful day work although it did drag on and on!

In the evening i caught up with some Eastenders that i missed whilst Kieron played on his Xbox. He came in and joined me about 8.30ish and we watched some tv together before i turned on my Nintendo Wii.

Friday i was back to 100% and had a good day at work, again there were a few people out of the office although that didn't stop the phone from ringing constantly.

In my lunch hour i went and bought Kieron's game he wanted, Sid Meiers Civilisation Revolution. Its a strategical/logical game where you basically build up a country with cities etc to try and take over the world!

In the evening, whilst Kieron and Elizabeth the 1st planned world domination i went with my brother to find a present for Fathers Day. We decided to get him a cd 'Dad Rocks' with the best 'dad' anthems on it, a pair of black and white Everlast Boxing shorts and a mouth guard. My dad has recently joined a boxing gym (for the fitness not the actual fighting) and we thought it would be a nice idea to get him the exact same shorts that Muhammed Ali used to wear. I got bac to the flat about 9pm and sat and played on my Wii, before watching the Big Brother live eviction.

Saturday was a good day, Kieron played more on his game whilst i decided to make another batch of chocolate brownies, i tidied up a bit and then went down to mums as usual. We had our usual glass of wine and cake and i took down some of my fresh brownies to let my nan, grandad and mum to try (which they all said were nice). After nan and grandad had gone, i helped mum tidy up the house as she was going out later to meet up with some friends she had made in the chat room and she was going to invite back to hers afterwards.

I left mums at about 5.45pm and went straight round to Steve and Natalie's. Kieron had met up with Steve and his friend Jim in the pub so me and Natalie had a good old girlie chat.

Steve and Kieron were back about 9pm and we all sat around talking and decided to have a chinese. We were there until about midnight, we were both knackered and decided to go home.

Sunday was a nice chilled out day, i played on my Wii before going to do the shopping at Morrisons. When i came back and unloaded everything, me and Kieron went down to see his mum and dad and to have Sunday dinner with them.

We stayed there a good couple of hours before heading back home. When we got back me and Kieron decided that we wanted to go and see The Happening at the cinemas, so i logged onto the computer and went on the cinemas website. Unfortunately the internet was running incredibly slow and wouldn't load the page so i decided to risk it and ring 118 118.

I was first put through to a lovely lady but couldn't find the cinema as she couldn't spell Rubry....

Me: "Rubry is R-U-B-R-Y"
118: "R-U-R-B--U"
Me: "No B-R-Y, Y for Yellow
118: "i sorwee i cant find"

.....I hang up!

So i tried again and got throught to a Scottish gentleman who found it perfectly, he said that he could give me the times of the films and he did, the next showing will be 9.45pm"

Excellent! So i went down to my nans a bit earlier so that i could leave to go to the cinema. I had some tea, gave dad his pressie (which he loved) and then went back to the flat at about 8.45pm (to give me plenty of time).

When i got back to the flat the internet was now working 100%, Kieron was on the internet looking at tips for his game, so i asked him to go on to the cinemas website to double check and the last showing was 8.45pm! So never trust 118 118 people for cinemas times!


Well i think that just about sums it all up for me so cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter