sel's spot

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"Sh*t That Hurt!"

Hello everyone, another week has passed and it's already time for my weekly update. So let's begin....

Last Monday work was good, Peter was on holiday for a few days and everything was generally quiet. I helped Paul and Mike get lots of drawings issued and copied and sent over to one of Clients in Halesowen (which i attended too!). Helping the lads my day flew by and it was soon time for me to go home.

In the evening i played on Mario Kart and started to unlock a couple more characters whilst Kieron was having a major screaming session at his xbox for most of the evening. He didn't come off it until quite late but i didn't mind, we watched some tv together before going to bed.

Tuesday work was again a good day, i had quite a few little jobs to do which kept me busy. However (and this is reason for the title of my blog) my desk at work has a wood surface but underneath its all metal, and all day everytime i went to touch or sit at my desk i kept getting awful electric shocks. Now i'm not talking about the little ones you can get, i mean proper full blast electricity and they bloody hurt!

During my day i was trimming some drawings for some of the lads, i went over to use the paper cutter (which is metal) and as i touched it, yet again another electric shock. But this one actually made a cracking sound (a bit like lightning). It was so loud that the lads heard it and asked me if i was alright.

So very kindly Mike lent me his gloves so that i could get one with my job whilst trying to work out what was causing the shocks.

In the evening i played some more Mario Kart. Kieron came off his xbox at his usual time and we decided to watch Snatch. I have seen some of it before but have never managed to watch the whole thing. Its actually very funny so deffinately worth watching.

Wednesday work had slowed down and i was pottering around the office looking for things to do. I also kept having my electric shock so i tried taking off all my jewellery to see if that helped. My two rings, earrings, necklace and yes my belly button ring came off and it didn't help!

Next the lads thought it was my cardigan so i tried that for a bit but still no luck.

Wednesday evening i caught up with some tv i had missed and then watched The Apprentice which was great! Kieron came and joined me afterwards and then we went to bed.

Thursday finally saw the end to my electric shocks as me and Paul worked out what was causing them. The result.........my shoes! Yes that's right my shoes. My new shoes have fairly slippy soles and sometimes when im walking round the office i sometimes slide along the carpet!!!!!

When i got home i had a quick bite to eat and then went to the Cheswick Green Inn to meet up with Emily, Jim, Rosey and Dan. We normally got to the Reservoir but we ALWAYS go there so we fancied a random change. We chose the Cheswick as Rosey and Emily had never been there before, but i can safely say we probably won't be going back there again as A) they don't sell Guinness and B) they stop serving food (well i say food i actually mean desserts) at 9.00pm!

Although on the plus side they were playing some classic 80's songs and its a lot brighter in there than the Reservoir! We had a nice chat and a couple of drinks (especially Dan!) and left around 11.00pm.

Friday was a slow and boring day at work, Peter was back from his little holiday and there wasn't much to do. Thankfully 5.00pm came and i was on my way home.

Gareth came round in the evening as i had challenged him to some Mario Kart on the Wii. Now when we were little me and Gareth always played Mario Kart, we played it on the SNES, the N64 and the Gamecube. 99.9% of the time my brother would beat me mainly because he was a lot better than me and he would be on his computer for most of his spare time.

So i was preparing myself for a whooping but to my surprise i beat him - alot! Which i think brings the score even from our childhood years!!

We played Mario Kart for most of the night and then Gareth went and watched Kieron play Call of Duty 4. By about 11.00pm Gareth was tired so he called it a night and went home. Me and Kieron watched some tv together before we went to bed .

Saturday i got up and did some tidying up before going to see mum. When i got there my grandad had already arrived but without my nan. I soon found out that she wasn't very well and was in bed with the flu. So grandad stayed for 10 minutes and then went back home to look after her. Shortly after grandad left, Gareth went out with Adam and Jenny. So it was just me and mum. We had a glass of wine and thought sod it! We'll go somewhere as well. We decided to go to Hatton Craft Centre mainly because we hadn't been there for ages and also mum wanted to see if she could get some Sandlewood soap (which she adores!).

We had a look around but with no luck in finding the soap. In fact its gone downhill, there aren't as many interesting shops as there used to be, so we went to the best shop there - the sweetie shop.

We bought a bag of sweets each and headed off home. On our way back mum was talking about getting some new towels, so we did a quick detour to Shirley Retail Park to Rosebys. We were there for about half an hour and then went back home.

After dropping mum off i went beack to the flat and had something to eat. Kieron packed up my Wii and we went round Steve and Natalie's. Poor Natalie had hurt her foot so she was on the sofa with her foot resting on a pillow.

Steve and Kieron played some Mario Kart untili challenged Kieron to a game. Kieron being oh-so confident accepted and started taking the mick. But it wasn't long before that smile was wiped off his face and i beat him, again and again and again!

So i was then banned from playing so me and Natalie we look through catalogues and stuff. Before we knew it it was nearly 11.00pm so me and Kieron decided it was time to leave.

Sunday was a great day Villa vs Blues and i knew that we could beat them. Me and Kieron listened to the game but had to go and do the shopping. We dropped the shoppiong back home and then we went down to Tony and Maria's for some dinner. Tony put the radio on for us so that we could listen to the last part of the game and what a glorious victory it was, 5-1 to Villa.

Later that i evening i went down to nans as usual with my proud looking villa shirt, to my dad's disliking (as he is a Blues supporter!). I had some tea and watched some tv before going back home to bed.


And i think that just about sums it for me so cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter