sel's spot

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"Move Outta My Way Toad...Damn You Donkey Kong!!"

Hello there everyone and welcome back to my weekly update.

So i begin last Monday work was ok, quite alot of phone calls during the day but it eventually slowed down and gave me time to do some letters etc.

In the evening Kieron was on his xbox and i sat and watched tv until Kieron came and joined me at about 9pm watched a bit more tv and went to bed.

Tuesday was a manic day, Derek was in to see everyone, he likes to have a 10 minute-or-so chat with staff to see how they feel, sort out any problems if any or discuss future goals.

With everyone in and out of meetings with Derek, my day got quite complicated and i was looking forward to going home at 5.30pm.

Eventually i got home, i put some tea on as Kieron was far too ingrossed in his xbox (if you've read my brother's blog you'll know that its Call of Duty 4 that's keeping the lads busy). After tea i watched some tv for a bit and then updated my MP3 player as i hadn't got much else to do.

Wednesday work was slow, but i was looking forward to lunchtime as Emily and Rosey were coming down to see me. Emily had been down a couple of weeks ago (which i think i forgot to blog so apologies to you all for forgetting and apologies to Emily!).

Emily had the week off work and Rosey was on her Easter holidays (her Easter holidays started a week later due to being in Gloucester!).

I met them in the Red Babboon next door to my offices, Emily kindly bought me a drink and we settled down at the nearest table. We had a nice little chat and a drink, Emily and Rosey hadn't eaten so they ordered some food.

But unfortunately time soon ran out so i said my goodbyes and went back to work. The afternoon continued to move fairly quickly and i was going home before i knew it.

In the evening Kieron was still on his xbox shouting and screaming at his team mates and i watched some tv, including The Apprentice.

Thursday work was quite dull but i had a few things to be getting on with, there was hardly anybody in the offices so at least everything was peaceful. In the afternoon Harley the I.T manager came in to get our printer/photocopier to finally scan.

Harley also had a a chap come round and quote some work to move our fax line over to the printer/photocopier so that it could also be turned into a fax machine at some point during the future. So my desk and all my stuff (including me) were shifted to one side so that the guy could have a look at our fax and telephone system. It all started getting a bit too hectic for me so i made my escape upstairs until they had finished and gone.

In the evening i came home to find that the dvd's Kieron had ordered off Play.com had arrived. We had: Chronicles of Riddick, From Hell, Layer Cake, Snatch, Terminator 3, Independence Day and Sky Blue (which is a Manga film).

These are start of collecting off our wish list that we made about a week ago, i'll be collecting some when i get paid at the end of the month. After watching a bit of tv Kieron wanted to watch Sky Blue, its only about an hour long so i decided why not.

I have watched similar things before, one of which was Final Fantasy: Advent Children which i really enjoyed and was very open minded to it, however Sky Blue isn't as....... hmmm.. ..magical as Final Fantasy and i didn't really understand what was going on! Kieron really liked but then again he understood it!

Friday i dropped my car in to have its M.O.T, and then made my way into work. Work was actually really quiet and there wasn't much to do. However lunchtime came and i ran into town as i was going to buy a new game for my Wii, i was going to buy Mario Kart!!!

I had been waiting a long time for this and i was so excited. The game also came with an accessory - the Wii Wheel. You place your Wii remote into the wheel and then control the kart as if you were driving a normal car!

At 4.00pm i got to leave early so that i could collect my car out of the garage which i was extremely pleased about because it meant that i could back home earlier and play Mario Kart!

My car passed with flying colours and i set off for home. As soon as i got in i texted my brother to let him know i had bought Mario Kart and switched on my Wii.

I tried a few time trial laps so i could get used to the wheel as it is extremely sensitive but once i got the hang of it i was soon flying around the tracks.

Gaz came up at about 5.30pm so he too could have a go with the wheel. We played a few tracks on the GP but then me and Gaz had to leave as we were going out for a meal for Aunty Jans birthday.

We picked dad up and then made our way to Kings Heath. We went to a curry house called Kings (no surprises how they chose their name!) which i think we have been to once before. Just as Gaz had finished parking, Aunty Jan and everybody else arrived.

Rachel brought Adam with her and also Adam's parents Jackie(i think that's what her name is!?!) and Roger.

After a bit of a mix up with some tables we got our seats. We had a laugh and a good old chat and before we knew it it was 11.30pm.

We said our goodbyes and me and Gaz went home. Gaz came in for a bit as we wanted to play some more Mario Kart, however Kieron was watching From Hell. Gaz stayed for about half hour before going home as he was tired.

Saturday was a good day, i got up and played some more Mario Kart before me and Kieron went into town. Kieron's xbox has started to play up again, so instead of sending it back to be fixed (for the 6th time) and waiting 5/6weeks for it, he decided he would trade it in with some games for an xbox elite.

So he packed up his stuff and off we went. We were soon in Gamestation (after going back to the car 'cos we left the xbox in the boot!) looking at some of the deals.

Kieron got £160 for his xbox and games, and £40 for his gamecube (which he decided at the last minute to trade!). So a nice £200 to spend on his Elite. All he had to pay was the difference which was £60 - Kieron got a brand new Elite for £60 ...... Bargain!

We had a mooch around some shops in Bullring before coming back home. I had some quick lunch before going down to see mum, nan and grandad.

I stayed there for a good couple of hours before going back home, picking up my Wii and going round to Steve and Natalie's for the evening.

Kieron set up my Wii so that he could show Steve and we had a few races. Me and Kieron stayed until about 11pm before heading off home.

Sunday was another busy day for me i got up and went and did the shopping. When i came back i played a few games with Kieron on Mario Kart. I had some lunch and then went and picked mum as we were going to the NEC. There was a small exhibition on about property developing and home improvements so off we went. It was free to get in and we had a wonder round the stands looking at the very modern (and expensive) furniture and improvements you could do to your home.

We stayed for a couple of hours and then went home. I dropped mum off and then went back to flat. I had a sit down for half an hour before going out with Kieron to Stuart and Becky's. We had a bit of a falling out with them and decided it was time to sort it out.

We had a look around the house and had a chat before sorting out the problems. I got a little frustrated but we managed to sort the majority of things out.

By the time we got home it was 5.30pm so i decided to give my nans a miss as i was knackered and me and Keron watched Layer Cake.

If you love/liked Lock Stock and snatch you will love Layer Cake. Its directed by the Producer of Snatch and Lock Stock and it has to the same cocky, sarcastic tone to the movie.

After the film it was late so we decided to go to bed.

And i think that's about so cheerio :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter