sel's spot

Monday, February 04, 2008

"Seriously I'm Like A Mum to These People!"

Hello once again, time for my blog.....

Well I have already blogged last Monday so I will carry on the week with last Tuesday. I went back to work having been refreshed from my couple of days off.

I had quite a lot of 'little jobs' that needed doing which had been left for me during my time off. I had only been back in the office for 10 minutes and everybody wanted me to do something for them. People wanted me to find folders, or a letter or something which they couldn't do whilst i wasn't there. Seriously i'm like a mum to these people!!

I got the majority of work done during the day which i felt please about. When i got home Kieron had cooked a lovely meal. He'd cooked some fresh salmon stakes and did salad and new potatoes. We had bought a griddel on the weekend specifically for fish, steak etc so i think he wanted to try it out!

After we ate our tea Kieron decided he fancied something sweet so we went down to Sainsbury's and picked up a Bailey's Hagen Daaz. We alos bought 1408 on DVD.

So we got back home, put the film on and ate the ice cream. If you haven't seen 1408 then i advise you do so because it is a very good film. It stars John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson. John Cusack plays a writer who goes round staying in the most haunted/scariest hotels or places and then writes about them. He then hears of room 1408 at the Dolphin hotel. Samuel L. Jackson plays the hotel manager.

They both play really good parts (John Cusack especially) and i won't go into further detail becuase i don't want to spoil it. Although i will say that at the end of the film are left with some questions which i think the director should have answered.

Wednesday was a good day at work i got some filing done and more sorting out was accomplished.

Wednesday evening me and Kieron sat and watched tv. We watched a new programme on E4 called Reaper. This lad is the Devil's bounty hunter (because his parents sold his soul to the devil) who sends souls back to hell. But its very funny how he and his friends go about doing it.

Thursday work was fairly quiet so Peter got me to walk up to the RIBA library to get some more contract forms (which we have to fill in for every project) so i had a nice stroll our of the office for 30 minutes.

Thursday evening i went and had my haircut at Liasons. When i came back i ate my tea nad then my mum came round for abit. She brought a very welcomed bottle of wine and some Galaxy Minstrels. We had a nice chat and she left about 10.30pm.

Friday work was again quiet although i had some more filing to do which kept me going.

In the evening it was my nan's 84th birthday so i went down to my Aunty Jans where she had done some tea for us. My dad came down and also Lydia was there. I haven't seen her for ahile so it was really nice to have a catch up. Aunty Jan had done nan's favourite - Spaghetti Bolognaise which was very tasty indeed!

We sat and watched tv but then me and Lydia left about 10pm so we could get home.

Saturday was a busy day. In the morning i tidied up around the flat. Kieron then decided he wanted to go see Cloverfield at the cinema so we checked the times, and there was one within the next 20 minutes. So we quickly got changed and headed for Rubry.

It was a very good film which again i suggest you go and see. If you want to know what its about and what happens, click here. I'm not saying anything about it because my brother wants to see it!

After we had watched the film we went down to mum's for a bit for a glass of wine. We didn't stay too long because we were going out to Bingo!

We have said for the past few eeks we would like to have a go and Kieron's mum Maria plays every weekend adn she offered to take us.

We got down to Tony and Maria's for just gone 5pm and set off over to the Mecca bingo in Acocks Green. Maria told us what to do etc and we were soon in the hall in our seats.

You do have to wait a bit in between playing games but apart from that it was really good fun. Maria won £50 but me and Kieron didn't although we were very close, only needing 2 or 1 number.

When we got home it was quite late so we went to bed.

Sunday was another good day, i watched some tv whislt Kieron played on his xbox. I then had a shower and tidied up before going to do our weekly shop.

We came back and started doing our Sunday dinner, which was chicken. Whislt we were doing that Kieron checked whether he could download any of the new series of Lost, he found 1 and started downloading it.

We ate our dinner which was delicious and carried on watching the tv. A bit later we went round to Steve and Natalies. Me and Natalie went upstairs to watch the tv whilst the lads played on the Xbox.

A bit later we went and got a chippy because we were all hungry. Me and Kieron left about 11pm as we were tired.

And that's about it from me, so for now cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter