sel's spot

Monday, January 14, 2008

All Work And No Play!

Hello, hello my fellow bloggers

Well the past week hasn't really been that exciting to be honest. Last Monday at work saw a whole lot of new planning applications that would be going out through the week.

Monday's application was to Manchester. My day was spent sorting out drawings, filling in forms and bundling the whole lot together.

Monday evening was spent watching tv and Kieron started to read his book that my mum bought him for Christmas. We also found out that Stuart and Becky have havd a baby boy

Tuesday was another application this one was for London Borough of Hillingdon. That was a bit more complicated as they wanted so many drawings. The package was so big it had to be split into three sections for it to go through the post!

Derek Burton also came in to see us for a short while and he delivered our new and improved business cards. They look very snazzy and i'm very proud of mine!

Tuesday evening again more telly and sorting out the rubbish to put out for the bin men the next morning.

Wednesday and work was really slow, i had to re-submit drawings for an application which had gone out before Christmas and the Council wanted more information. Harley from ABG came over to help fix some problems on our computers, he was here most of the afternoon and he still get everything finished.

Wednesday evening more telly (I know it sounds boring but i'm not really in the mood to be doing any thing else!) Kieron played some Call of Duty 4 with his mates for most of the evening but then came and joined me to watch Big Brother.

Thursday another really slow day and no more planning applications (woohoo!). In my lunch break i walked into town to get Kieron a new hat to wear for work as our washing machine had ruined his other one.

Thursday evening me and Kieron watched Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. We were both really bored and we have wathced film before but it was something to do.

Ahhh at last Friday. Work was a bit better time didn't seem to drag on so slowly. Peter and some of the lads were going over to Armstrong Burton's offices for the team meeting but some of us decided not to go (mainly because there was no point!).

Just before leaving work i suddenyl realised i had left my brolly at home and when i looked out of the window it was hammering down with rain but it wasn'y just rain, no it was snowing aswell. I tried to walk as fast as i could, but it didn't matter as i still got soaked getting to my bus stop.

As i was on the bus home i tried ringing Kieron so that he could pick me up from the bus stop. I rang and rang and rang with no answer (i was not impresed).

I finally got to the terminus and i wasn't looking forward to getting off, the bus stop was crammed with Chavs so i kindly asked the bus driver if i could wait on the bus to see if i could get a response from Kieron. The kind bus driver siad he was leaving in 5 minutes but i could until he went. So i rang and rang and rang - it was no use. So i got off and started walking up the road i got to the corner when i saw lights flashing at me and a horn beeping - KIERON!!!!

I literally ran across the road without even considering the traffic, dived in the car and turned the heater up!

I was so cold and miserable we decided to get a chinese takeaway. Kieron played a bit of Call of Duty 4 and i watched all my soaps and the live eviction of Big Brother (yes its sad but i don't care!).

Kieron came and joined me about 10pm, we had a little drink, watched more tv and then went to bed.

Saturday was a good day i got up fairly early and had a shower and then went ovewr to mums as we were going into Solihull. I had been given £30 M&S vouchers and wanted to get some new undies etc.

I got to mums for just gone 9pm and we headed over to Solihull, parked in Touchwood and wandered over to M&S. We had a good look round and i got to spend my vouchers. We then went into Dolcis aand i bought some flat shoes for the summer. Not only were they more reduced than i thought but they also gave me a £5 gift voucher.

Mum had a quick look arounf BHS and then we went back to the car to go do the food shopping. It took me ages to find a parking space at Tescos, but i finally found one. We did our shopping and mae our way back home.

Mum stored my frozen stuff whilst i stayed at mums to see nan & grandad. We had our cake and glass of wine, and it was soon time for me to go home.

Kieron had invited his mate Jim round they were playing on the PS2 so i decided to have a lie-down on the bed as i was knackered.

For the rest of the evening Kieron and Jim played on the Xbox and i could watch tv - even though there wasn't much on.

Sunday was a fairly good day although i didn't feel particularly well, my stomach was very uneasy and i kept falling asleep. Kieron cooked a lovely lamb sunday dinner which i thoroughly enjoyed although my stomach didn't think so.

Kieron spent the afternoon reading his book and i watched some property and holiday programmes.

Later that afternoon Emily and Jim called in as they are starting to look for a flat/house together and wanted to ask us some questions about getting a mortgage and how we did it. We had a nice chat and i think we helped them settle all of the issues that they had.

After they had gone i fell asleep on the sofa again and Kieron (bless him) got our spare duvet and covered me up. I was out for a while but still felt a bit shakey afterwards.

We watched some tv and then finally went to bed.


Well that's it for now, cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter