sel's spot

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Terrible Two's

Hello there everybody!!

YEp time for me t oblog once again.... so i start last Monday and at work it had finally come to the day of our Audit!

The gentleman who audits us every year arrived dead on 9am. Paul and Peter, who are in charge of the audit process, spent a good hour taliing to him in the meeting room and then they got down to business!

Paul introduced me (even though i've met the guy four times) as the QA Assistant, to which i was very proud to be! They then disappeared upstairs for the rest of the morning. I went and fetched them their sandwhiches for lunch and some choccies and snacks.

The day went by quickly and before i knew it i was getting the bus home. In the evening i watched the usual tv and went to bed.

Tuesday was my birthday and i turned an honourable 22! Mum came round in the morning and we went to see my nan and dad called in aswell. We stayed there for an hour or so and then went over to see nan & grandad. We had a little drink and went on our way. We didn't have long because mum had to be in work that afternoon (thanks to a big mess up at her office!) so we went up in to Northfield and had a nice mooch round. Mum ended up buying me a necklace and earring set to wear for Ladies Evening. But soon time ran out and we got back to the flat for mum to pick up her car and be on her way.

So i decided not to waste the day and decided i would go shopping in Town! Now i've never done the shopping by myself thing apart from when i'm at work and need to get something from Town but that's only because i know what i want!

So i was feeling very brave, i also took one of Kieron's games for him 'cos he wanted to trade it in for Call of Duty 4. So i got to Town and set off for Gamestation to do the trade-in. After completing that i went back into Bullring and started having a mooch.

I didn't do too badly although Town wasn't a brill choice as it is now filled with Christmas shoppers from around the globe - seriously, the French, Germans, Italians, Americans, Japanese/Chinese and a few Ozzies are here in Brum doing their Christmas shopping!!! I know, mad isn't it!?

But anyway i ended up in the Animal shop and spending my money in there and bought some really nice tiops.

So with my missions accomplished i set off back to my car. On my way home i needed to pick up some cakes for work and i decided i would pop back to see my nan to show her what i had bought ('cos she loves to know!) i bought her a cake as well and spent an hour with her before going back to the flat.

I started the tea ready for Kieron to arrive home becasue we were going to the cinema to see Elizabeth - which i really enjoyed and recommend!

Wednesday work was quiet but we still had plenty of work to do. In the evening i went out with dad and Gareth to a pub called the Fleur De Lyse which is very nice. We had a meal and a coffee (although dad and Gareth had a pudding aswell!) We had a nice time having a chat mainly about Ladies Evening - to which my dad informed us that there was going to be a celebrity speaker this year (to which my brother asked if it was Santa!)

Thursday was dull and boring, work was hectic and in the evening was just the same.

Friday work was dull but hectic. In the evening i watched some of Children in Need, had a bottle of wine, watched Kieron play on his xbox and went to bed.

Saturday was a good day, in the morning me and Kieron went over to Curry's to have a look at electric hobs for our cooker, and ordered one. We came back and had something to eat. I then went to see mum, nand and grandad but i didn't stay long as i had to get ready for Ladies Evening.

Kieron dropped me back at mums for 5.50 but then had to go back because i had forgot my necklace!! We then went to pick up Donna who looked really pretty in her dress andd then got down to dads. We had some piccy's taken whilst waiting for the taxi to pick us up.

This years theme for Ladies Evening was 'Moustaches and Tiaras' I had a tiara with had flashing lights on it, Gaz had cut and shaped his beard (please see his blog for photos!) and dad who has had a moustache for over 30 years just gave his a trim!

When we arrived at the Chataeu Impney i was telling Donna about what normally happens etc when dad called over to me and told me to wait, which was odd. So everyone else carried on whilst i waited for dad, we then went in, i hung my coat up and went to grab a drink off the waiters but dad told me i hadn't got time. We got into the main reception and dad told me to close my eyes. He lead me all the way to the back of the room and told me to open them.

It was Neil and Lisa who i used to know from Jofson. Lisa was the sales administrator when i started at Jofson and we became really good friends and Neil owns his own transport company who i've known for years. It was so good to see them both.

It wasn't long before we were called in to the main room for our meal. We had salmon for starters, followed by leek and pea soup. For our main we had lamb and all the veggies and roasties. Desert was a cremé brulee followed by coffee.

During the meal we played the 'yes or no' game where by someone asks you questions and you musn't say 'Yes' or 'No' one lady off each table had to last 30 seconds, i was picked off our table!!

If you succeeded you got to choose a prize from a numbered box. I did manage to succeed but in my box there was an energy saving light bulb!!

Then came the speeches followed by the best part of the evening 'the interuption'. This year the lads were dressed up as hula girls and did a little dance (very embarrasing!) but hilarious at the same time!

The rest of the evening was spent enjoying the disco and having a little boogie! It was an amazing night and i didn't get back till 2.30am

Sunday was a nice day me and Kieron did our shopping. We then went and saw his mum and dad for a bit as we haven't seen them for awhile.

We then popped into Cotteridge to have a look at dvd's in Blockbuster and i ended up buying Super Mario Galaxy which is brillaint, just as fun as any other Mario game.

That evening me and Kieron popped over to see Steve and Natalie. We stayed there until about 10pm and went to set off home although that was an event in its self as it had snowed. We managed to get back and went straight to bed.


And that's it for now so see you next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter