sel's spot

Monday, October 01, 2007

Shoot The Bugger!

Hello there people,

Yes time once again for my weekly update.

Last Monday work was fairly busy, Dave was getting ready to go on holiday and was tying up loose ends, which meant alot of running around for me.

We also had a couple of candidates come in for interviews with Peter as we are currently 1 member of staff down. Although the two that came in, one looked like he was dosed up on drugs and the second looked like he would have problems remembering his name! I know i shouldn't judge, but hey, this is my blog and i shall judge and have my say!

I also went for a drink at lunch with Adam as he had had his results for his Part 2 and he had done extremely well!

Monday evening was quiet watching the tv and i caught up on some programmes i had missed.

Tuesday was pretty much the same as Monday except Dave wasn't in the office but he had left me things to do!

Tuesday evening again watching tv! *Yawns*

Wednesday - Launch day of Halo 3!

Yes i'm sure many of you have it, Kieron was very excited. He phoned me at lunch and he was very eager to get home and try it. Although disappointingly when he got home Halo had been delivered but he had a scratched disc and a dented tin (this has been in the news!). He said he will return it but wants to have a bash on it first!

Work again was hectic although this was Dave's last day in the office before going on holiday so i was looking forward to getting the day over and done with!

Wednesday evening Stuart and Becky came round for the evening, they also dropped off their wedding invitation. We had a nice chat, mainly about Becky being pregnant. She is 6 months now and she was telling me her suggestions of names. They didn't stay that long as Stuart and Kieron both wanted to have a real bash on Halo 3!

Thursday work was quiet (thank god!) although i did have filling to do but that didn't take me long due to the fact it was so darn quiet!

Thursday day evening Kieron was on Halo 3 so i had a practice on my organ.

Friday was .... interesting. I bet none of you have ever had your boss as a dogs-body for the day? well i have! Derek Burton came in the office as he wanted to familiarise himself with things so when he pops in from time to time he can just get with the stuff he needs to do without having to disturb any of us. So i was put in charge!

It was actually very funny and we had a good laugh ( i almost got him to do my filing!). In the afternoon Derek had a meeting at our offices so that kept me busy supplying tea and coffee.

Friday evening was a nice evening as me, Emily, Jim, Dan and Rosey all went up to Burton for Angi's birthday meal.

Emily and Jim picked me up at 8pm and we set off (using Jim's TomTom). We arrived for 8.30 and walked across the road to the restaurant. We went to the same chinese buffet place where we went last year so we were all looking forward to it!

Rosey and Dan had already arrived so we got our drinks and went and sat with them. It wasn't long before we were shown to our table and we got stuck in. We all had a laugh and natter and the evening was very pleasant (although some of that was down to me for being the "soul" of the group!)

By the time we had all finished it was 10.30pm so we paid the bill and decided what to do next. Angi knew of a bar down the road from the restaurant called 'The Paramount' so we headed off there. Richard went in Jim's car to direct him and me, Rosey and Dan followed them until we got to a road which was closed due to works but we noticed all the taxi's were still going down it so we thought stuff it!

Luckily they hadn't started the major works so there were no holes in hte ground to worry about!

We got oursleves a drink (eventually) and got seated. They played some good classic tunes from the early 90's which brought back so many memories for us all! We only stayed an hour and decided to head back, so we said our goodbye's and headed off home. Emily and Jim kindly dropped me back and when i got in i went straight to bed.

Saturday was the usual, Kieron played on Halo 3 whilst i played on my organ for a bit before going down to mum's to find that Gaz was also playing Halo 3! He showed me some of the levels on the game and he showed me the photos and screenshots he had saved which we all very good.

We had our usual glass of wine and cake and a good natter as always, although most of the chatter was Gareth trying to explain to nan, grandad and mum the story behind Halo!!!!

I left about 5pm and set off home to find that Kieron was still playing Halo 3. I sat and updated my mp3 player for a bit before sitting down to watch Kieorn.

Sunday was another day filled with Halo 3, i got on and did some tidying around the flat which made me feel better! I then had to drag Kieron off the xbox to do the shopping.

That afternoon i decided to sit with Kieorn and watch him play Halo, i quite enjoy watching it being played, it gets very tacticle!

Finally that evening i went down to nans for tea, where me a Gaz talked about more Halo!

And that's it for me, hopefully next week i won't be talking about Halo so much but we will see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter