sel's spot

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Argh!! I Can't See!

Hello there people

Yes it's my weekly update, so let us begin....

...Last Monday i went to work with a bit of a sore throat but nothing to serious, the day went quickly without me having to do loads of work (woohoo!). I got home feeling rather tired and my throat had got worse.

Me and Kieron had our tea and Kieron settled down on his xbox for a bit whilest i was on the pc charging up my Sony mp3 player!

Tuesday morning i got up to go to work but my sore throat had developed overnight into a full cold! My head felt it was going to explode and my body felt like i had been hit by bus! So i decided not to go to work as i felt very ill.

So with the little energy i did have, i managed to get dresses and to drag my pillow and the duvet into the living room where i plonked my arse all day. Randomly my mum also had the day off, she was just getting over her cold but still didn't feel like going to work. She dropped by for a quick 20 minutes to help tidy up a bit and to bring me some medicine!

I decided to go round mum's for a bit so i wasn't by myself all day, on my way over i called into the local chippy as i was hungry! We both shared a portion of chips and some hot curry sauce - it was fab! Gaz popped home from school, for his lunch so i said a quick hello to him. He was only there for 5-10 minutes.

I only stayed an hour at mum's and then went back home to my duvet as i was beginning to feel rough again! Once home i decided to catch up on some tv and started to catch up on Eastenders!

Once Kieron was home, he started the tea although i didn't have much of an appetite! Come 9pm i was knackered so i decided to go to bed.

Wednesday i still felt bad although slightly better, so i decided another day off it was, again i didn't do much apart from catching up on some more tv.

The day quickly went by and before i knew it Kieron was home from work. We had some tea and settled down to watch the tv. Again i didn't stay up too late as i kept falling to sleep on the sofa!

Thursday morning i felt alot better although still bunged up and snot everywhere (i know it's nice but we have all suffered!) so i started getting ready for work, got on my bus, walked down to the office and i felt awful. I managed to do most of the day but Malcolm let me go at 3pm - i was exhausted!!

I sat and relaxed when i got home because i needed to recuperate as that evening iwas supposed to go to the Barnt Green Inn as it was my surrogate mother's (Lorraine Lake who looks after me when i go skiing) 50th birthday and we adn most of the skiing crew were there as a surprise.

Gaz came and picked me up about 8ish and we set off for the pub, it's not too far away just by the Lickeys and it is a very nice pub aswell!

We got there for 8.30pm, and i got a round in. It wasn't long before my dad, the Twist's, the rest of the screw crew and people i didn't know arrived.

Lorraine and Andy got to the pub for 8.45pm and she was really shocked, she had no clue! I had a chat with me ski girlies, but me and Gaz left at just gone 10pm so i could go home and Gaz could pop into the Packhorse for last orders!!

Friday i did manage to go to work, i felt alot better even though i still had a bit of a cough. The day went quickly nad there was nobody really in so i could relax, which was nice.

That evening i got home and Kieron had cooked me a really nice meal, he had done spag bol, he bought some wine and he had lit the candles. Once we had eaten the meal we blew out the candles and just sat talking on the sofa supping wine, the tv was on but the volume was really low. I decided to watch the re-run of X Factor, i managed to watch the first 30 minutes when our living room lightbulb started flickering, we thought it was on its way out, when all of a sudden...



.....Darkness!


We were fumbling around like idiots although we couldn't help but laugh, i managed to find the lighter in the kitchen to re-light the candles and Kieron (by using the light from his phone!) went outside.

The entire road had gone off and the neighbours were all outside with torches and candles. Kieron came back in to tell me what had happened, we quickly rang Kieron's mate Steve who lives up the road in Cotteridge and randomly their electricity had gone too!!

I haven't had a power cut in years, but it only lasted an hour and suddenly everything came back to life (although i was a bit miffed i still never got to see X Factor!)

Saturday morning me and Kieron took a trip into Town. A brand new computer and gamin centre had recently opened and Kieorn wanted to go have a look round so that he could tell his xbxo mates about it. The place is called Omega Sektor and it looks really funky inside. We signed up to become members and went round and took some pics.

After we had done that we had a walk round the Bullring. I bought myself a new top from Republic. We stopped and had a cup of coffee and a bite to eat befoer coming back home. I uploaded the pics we had taken in town on to the computer for Kieron to send to his mates.

That evening me, mum, Gaz, Nan and Grandad were off to see James Last at the NEC Arena. Christmas 2006 we had bought the tickets for nan and grandad as they are big fans of James and we decided to go with them.

Nan and Grandad picked me up at 6pm and then we and got mum and Gaz. With Grandad driving and mum navigating we were soon at the NEC (not before going down one of the longest roads EVER to get to the car park).

It was James Last's fairwell UK tour and he was really really good. He played some of his own compositions, a couple of ABBA songs and he even played a bit of U2 and Greenday!

It was quite alte by the time the concert was over, so as soon as i got home i went to bed.

Sunday was a good day, we got up and went to Sainsbury's to do our weekly shop, we came back and Kieron started the sunday dinner. Whilst it was cooking we sat and watched Meet The Robinsons. It's really good, starts off a bit weird but your laughing all the way through.

A bit alter on Gaz came round and we had a couple of games at Trivial Pursuit: Lord of the Rings edition. The first game i won (i know i couldn't believe either!) and the second game Kieron won (unsurprisingly!). We had a laugh and it certainly put Gaz's knowledge to the test.

After that me and Gaz went down to nan's as usual for our tea!!

And once again that's it for me blog, see you next time!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter