sel's spot

Monday, January 21, 2008

"No You Can't Photocopy Your Arse!"

Hello once again to my weekly update,

So I start with last Monday and work was a bit of a drag but i managed to get through it and i was soon on the bus back home.

Monday evening Kieron finished reading his book and i watched my usual stuff on tv.

Tuesday work seemed a bit brighter, in my lunch hour i walked into town to get Kieron another book to read and i decided to do the Lottery (just incase someone above thought it was my turn to win big!).

Tuesday evening Kieron started reading his new book and i updated my MP3 player, left it charging and watched tv.

Wednesday work was very frustrating, everything either broke down or needed restarting, our I.T people were in our offices for most of the day trying sort out all the different problems, at 5.30pm i left work and felt really exhausted by it all.

That evening i decided to play on my organ for a bit as i haven't played it in ages, i was a little bit rusty to start with but i was ok in the end.

Thursday i got to work and suddenly remembered about my lottery tickets. I got onto the national lottery website and realised ..........



...... I WON!!!!!!



£10! I rang Kieron at lunch time and he just laughed! During the day i was very pro-active and got alot of awkward and little jobs out of the way.

Thursday evening me and Kieron watched tv and then randomly decided to listen to loads of old CD albums we hadn't heard in ages, its quite shocking to hear how music has changed in the last decade.

Friday was a busy day, there wasn't many people in the office, which to be honest wasn't a bad thing.

Armstrong Burton had bought a new photocopier which also scans, prints, colour prints and faxes all in one and we were getting their old one.

Harley (the i.t guy!) was going to ring me when the photocopier people and himself were on their way. So at 11am the door rang and it was the photocopier people (so where was my phone call Harley!) They clambered up the stairs with the huge machine and started plugging it in.

It's gone in the same position as our old photocopier however its a lot bigger so they turned the machine 90 degrees. However the front of the machine is behind the door, so to get to it you have to close the door, but if you do that and somebody from upstairs comes in a) they won't know you're there and b) you'll get plunged in the back with the door handle - Nice!

Harley kept ringing me and Paul up to help get the situation sorted (but it didn't help by the fact Harley couldn't get to our offices because they're new machine kept breaking - no surprises there!)

Eventually the photocopier people left us alone and Harley planned to come in next week to set it up with all the other bits and bobs!!

Paul then realised that the photocopier people hadn't shown us how to use the photocopier so me and Paul spent a good 30 minutes working it all out (as this new one is digital and touch-screen and our other one had so many buttons it makes Nasa's command centre look easy!)

Once it was all in order we decided to test it to see how well it copies, whilst doing that Adam and Paul had a lovely conversation about which of their body parts they could photocopy (hence the title!)


Friday evening i picked up a bottle of wine for me and Kieron seen as though we had both had hectic days. Although before i could get settled i had to pop down to my nans for a bit to say farewell to dad as he was off on his annual lads skiing trip. I stayed for about an hour and then went back home to watch tv.

Saturday morning i had a shower and helped Kieron tidy up as the place was a mess. I did some washing and then went down to mums.

I had my cake and a glass of wine and then left a bit earlier than usual as me and Kieron were going to see Alien vs Predator: Requiem at the cinema.

I had never seen the first one and was a bit worried that it was going to follow on but it didn't. It was a fairly good film, mainly jumpy rather than scary and it had a good ending which will hopefully lead to the third film.

After the film we went straight round to Steve and Natalie's house. We ordered a chippy and then played Cranium for a bit as there wasn't much else to do. We had a good night always a laugh as usual. Me and Kieron left about midnight as we were both quite tired.

Sunday was a relaxing day, me and Kieron went and did the shopping, came back and then started our Sunday dinner.

In the afternoon Kieron was looking at games and gadgets on the internet whilst i watched some crap on tv, but it wasn't long before i went down to my nans for tea as usual.

I came back home about 10pm to find that Kieron was watching the first Alien vs Predator film on Channel 4 +1. So i sat down and watched it with him.

And i think that just about does it for this week! Cheerio


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter