sel's spot

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Family Fun!

Hello, hello and once again its time for my update.

So back to work it was on Monday, fairly quiet due to people being out at meetings etc but apart from that my day went quite quickly.

In the evening i watched my soaps and just crappy tv. Kieron was on his xbox for most of the evening until he finally gave up at 9pm to come and join me.

Tuesday work was the same really, our Librarian (Sue) was in to sort out our little library so i spent most of my day talking to her. Again the day flew by fairly quickly and i was home before i knew it.

Wednesday was another unexciting day. Derek and Janet called in to see Peter for a quick chat but they were only in for an hour. I had bits of filling to sort out but i couldn't wait to get home.

In the evening i watched the Apprentice which i thought was really good although i didn't want Raef to go.

Thursday was my last day at work for the week as i had Friday booked off. Thursday was a good day i managed to get things done and sort things out so that i had no loose ends waiting for me when i came back to work.

The day went by quickly and i was soon on my way home. In the evening i watched some tv with Kieron before going to bed.

Friday me and Kieron got up and tidied up the flat a bit and had something to eat. Kieron played on his xbox before getting ready to go to the cinema. We were off to see the new Indiana Jones film and we were both very excited.

Me and Kieron both enjoyed the film, its very action packed and both Harrison Ford and Shia LeBeof were brilliant in it.

After the film we called in to see my nan and grandad as it was my nans birthday. We stopped and had a drink with them and a chat. We were just over an hour and decided to go back home.

A bit later Kieron went out to the pub to meet his friend Jim and I decided that i wanted to have a go at making cakes. I decided it could be a small hobby of mine as i do find myself getting bored quite quickly over the weekends and want something to do and i think it'll be fun. So i went over to Argos and got my £2 set of scales and my £3 electric whiskers and then i called into Sainsbury's and bought my £2 mixing bowl and my £4.50 24cm cake tin! All i needed now was a cake book, i looked round Sainsbury's and they hadn't got anything so i decided to leave it until i was near a bookshop.

I called in to see Nanny Evans for a bit, she was getting ready to go out to a neighbours wedding, but she said that she wasn't going out till 7.30pm, so i had a cup of tea and a buscuit and left her to it.

Feeling a bit bored i decided to call in and see my mum and brother for a bit. I had some stir fry with them and sat and watched a bit of tv with my brother. Mum was going over to Tesco's to do her shopping, so i decided to go with her to see if they had any cook/cake books.

We had a good look round at the book section and after hunting round i managed to find a simple cake book. The first receipe was for a Victoria Sponge Cake, whic i thought would be good to start off with.

We went round the rest of the shop picking up bits and pieces. Mum got most of her shopping and i picked up my ingrediants for my cake.

When we got home we had a glass of wine and watched Derren Brown. After that i decided to go home as it was getting late. Kieron was on his xbox with Jim so i started to read other reciepes for all the other cakes i would eventually make. Jim was only there 20 minutes before his taxi arrived. Kieron came and sat down with me in the living room for a bit before we went to bed.

Saturday was a busy day, i got up and started to make my Victoria Sponge. I was baking and mixing for a good hour and to be honest i really enjoyed doing it. After it had finished cooking i let it go cool and then put the jam and cream on it.

I was very pleased with myself and Kieron was the first person to try a piece. He said it was very nice and he wasnt lying!

I wrapped the rest of the cake up and set off over to my nan and grandad's house. For nans birthday we treated her to a facial and haircut by the hairdressers that always do mine and mums hair, and the appointment was today.

I got to nans for about 11.30am, picked her up and set off over to mums. We had a sit down for abit and waited for my mum to get changed and then down the road we went to Liaisons. Nan was introduced to Angela the Beauty Therapist and Katrina our hairdresser.

They were really busy and due to some people being late etc nan had her hair done first. Katrina did a wonderful job and really sorted out nans brittle and dry hair. After that she went with Angela to have her facial. Whilst nan was having that done i had my hair cut with Katrina.

We were there for well over an hour but my nan really enjoyed it so it was worth it. We went back to mums where grandad had arrived and we sat and had a glass of wine and everybody tried my cake.

After that i set off over to Steve and Natalie's. Kieron was already there helping Steve to get the BBQ going. We had a laugh and a chat and then moved back inside to play a game of Simpsons Monopoly. I was Santa's Little Helper, Natalie was a Doughnut, Steve was Blinkey the three-eyed fish and Kieron was Bart.

We played for a couple of hours which resulted in Kieron winning. After that we sat down and listened to some music and had a chat. By 11.00pm we were all tired so me and Kieron called it a night.

Sunday was an ok day. Me and Kieron went and did the shopping at Morrisons and when we came back we started the Sudnay dinner. After that i fell asleep for a good hour and when i woke up i had a terrible Migraine, i felt sick and dizzy and decided it wouldn't be a good idea to go to nan's.

Kieron came off his xbox and he went and got a couple of dvd's from Blockbusters. He rented Dragon Wars which is a cross between Jurassic Park/Eragon/Godzilla and he also rented out Bee Movie which is a Dreamworks film, which was very funny.

After that i decided to go to bed to try and sleep off my migraine.

Bank Holiday Monday was a good day, we got up and had some breakfast, got ready and went and saw Kieron's mum and dad for a bit. We borrowed American Gangster and The Golden Compass off them on dvd. We had a natter and said our goodbye's as were going out for a meal for nan's birthday. We went to The Hollybush in Gorcott Hill. We were on our way and Gareth called to say that we would park up the road from the restaurant as a tree had fallen down and was blocking the road.

As we got near the restaurant there was indeed a huge tree in the middle of the road, so we parked on the side of the road and walked down to the restaurant.

I had lasagne and chips which was very nice. We had a couple of drinks and a chat and then went back home. Back at home i watched the last hour of The Sound of Music whilst Kieron was on his Xbox.

A bit later and it was all go again as me, dad and Gareth were going to see Lee Evans. Gareth and dad picked me up at 7pm and we went over to Andy Lake's house in Bromsgrove. From there we went down the road to a little college/theatre place called The Atrix. We were 5 rows from the front and because its a tiny little place it was like sitting on his lap!

Comedians go to little venues before going on a main tour to try out their new material, to which Lee had his notes on stage with him as he hadn't remembered all of it. He was very funny but some of his jokes just needed re-writing to make them flow better. He finished off with his classic rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody.

When we got out it was 11.00pm so we said our goodbye's and set off home. Gaz dropped me off and it was nearly 12am so i went straight to bed.

And i think that's about it for now so cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter