sel's spot

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Painting and Drinking - What More Could You Want from Life?

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog...

...So last Monday back to work it was and not alot happened. Peter was on the start of his 2 week holiday and everyone upstairs had work to be getting on with.

I did my usual filing and just did little jobs to keep my day going.

In the evening i watched tv whilst Kieron was playing Civilization, after i had got bored i went and sat with Kieron for a bit before going to bed.

Tuesday was another boring day although the phones were manic, which became really irritating after a while because i couldn't get anything done let alone move away from my seat.

In the evening me, Gaz and dad went out for an Indian over in Barnt Green. I had chicken sagwalla adn i cant remeber waht dad and Gareth had, but it was very nice. Whilst we were there they had the France vs Italy match on, so very cheekily i went and checked the score every ten minutes.

We had a coffee and made our way home. When i got in Kieron was just turning his Xbox off, and we went to bed.

Wednesday at work was spent sorting out everybody else's problems, which left me all of Wednesday's work for Thursday. I didn't mind too much but i do get annoyed when people know i'm trying to concentrate on something and they come and disturb me for something really pointless and something that they coudl have done themselves but they can't be bothered to look so they get me to do it! ....Takes breath.......phew........sorry about..so any way

Wednesday evening me and Kieron sat down and watched some telly. We caught up on Gordon Ramsey's F Word and some Eastenders (to Kieron's disliking).

Thursday was ok, I finally got round to doing Wednesday's work, in the afternoon the day became frustrating as once again it was me to the rescue!

In the evening i played on my Wii to help me unwind and relax and Kieron came and joined me.

Friday work was ok but the day seemed to drag on and on. There wasn't many people in the office so it was fairly peaceful as well.

In the evening i popped round to see Natalie as it was her birthday. I had a card and little prezzie for her. Her mum and dad were there and her sister Heather. We had a good natter and i saw Natalie open some of her other presents, i only stayed 30 minutes as they were about to have their tea.

When i got home me and Kieron ordered a chinese as we didn't know what to have for tea. Kieron was playing on his xbox and i went and played on my Wii and then watched the Big Brother eviction.

After that i went and sat with Kieron for a bit before going to bed.

Satuday was a bit of a hectic day, i got up in the morning and went with mum to have a look at Tidbury Golf Club for the venue for the wedding. Its quite a nice country location, the room is a good size and the price of the food etc is also great. However they aren't licenced for the actually ceremony (which is a bit annoying) so we might not be able to have it there, but we shall see.

I stopped at mums for a bit to see nan and grandad and then went back to the flat. Me and Kieron sorted out the paint for the living room as we were going to change the green to a lighter brown. We had to go out and get some new roller brushes, so we quickly nipped over to Shirley.

When we got back it was getting on so we left the painting for Sunday and had to get ready as we were going out for a surprise meal/drink for Emily's birthday.

We went over to Spice Buffet which is on the Coventry road, not far from Swan Island. Kieron kindly drove so i could have a drink. We got there for 7.30pm and Rosey and Dan were already there. Kieron got the drinks in and we sat and a natter before Emily and Jim arrived.

It was about 20 minutes and Emily came through the door and burst out laughing, she never knew we were going to be there - it was a classic moment!

Me and Kieron stayed a good hour but we decided to leave them all to it, this month (due to furniture buying) we were both a bit short.

On our way home we called in to see Steve and Natalie for the rest of the evening, we stayed there quite late talking about everything, and Natalie was showing me her scan picture - which was really sweet.

Sunday me and Kieron got up and started painting, about half way thorugh i left Kieron to it so that i could go and get the shopping done.

When i came back Kieron had almost finished, so we had something to eat to let the paint dry and then we continued and also did the second coat.

Once it had started drying me and Kieron started to look at the new colours. The cream which has gone above the picture rail was really nice but the 2nd brown was a bit weird. It had a purple/red tint to it and it really didn't go so.......

.....we had to change it, so we would be doing more painting next weekend as well - yippee!

I didn't go down to nans for tea as i was knackered from the painting, we cleared up adn sat and watched the new series of TopGear and we caught up with Doctor Who.

And i think that just about does it for me this week, so cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter