sel's spot

Friday, May 19, 2006

Cat Heaven!

*WARNING* The following blog may make you sad!

Hello bloggers, well these last few days were not good and i am sad to announce that i have had to have one of my cats (Jaws) put down.

Tuesday morning, i was getting ready for work when mum came dashing in and said there was a problem with Jaws. So i rushed down staris to find him in the kitchen lying on his side. I picked him up and stood him on his legs, however when i let go of him he fell straight back on the floor. I took immediate action by calling our emergency vets.

The lady on the phone was very helpful and remained calm (which helped me alot) and said that if i took him to our local vets at 8.30 someone will be there ready waiting to see us. Well it was about 7.45 and it seemed the longest 45 mins ever.

When we got there we had to wait a bit (unfortunately) but finally a very nive vet Laura saw us. She examine dhim and said it could be two things 1) he had fallen and damaged some nerves in his spine or 2) it was a blood clot, but either way it wasn't looking promising.

We left Jaws with the Vets so they could examine him properly and they would phone me at work when they had the results. All day seemed to drag and i was gettign rather worried and rathe impatient finally at about 3.30 they rang to confirm Jaws had a blood clot in his spine which was stopping the blood getting to his back legs.

I was devestated, the vet told me there was treatment but it was hardly successful. We decided to go ahead with the treatment to give Jaws a fair chance.

Well Tuesday went and on came Wednesday morning. I got to work and there was a message for me to ring the vets. It was not good news, Jaws was not responding to the treatment, but we persisted with the treatment to make sure.

By Yesterday morning (Thursday) there was no sign of any improvement. The vet said that it should have worked by now. Unfortunately we had to make the decision to put him to sleep. We made any appointment so that mum could after work to see him before the fianl moment.

My boss Peter new i was upset and as he has animals of his own knew how i felt, so to cheer me up he bought me a bunch of flowers and he told me to go when the time was right so i too could be at the vets for Jaws. (which i thank Peter for, for being most generous)

So finally Jaws was put to sleep, me and mum had him to ourselves for a bit, and Jaws just could not walk, he was struggling so much (which made me upset) that it was for the best.


We are all sad to see him go but at least now he's at rest and he's no longer in pain.

That's all for now peeps. cu laters xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter