sel's spot

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I Looked Cooler Than James Bond!!!


Hello bloggers

Well, so far not a lot has happened today, work is quite dull and the time is dragging on and not alot is happening later either except i'm going round Kieron's when i've had my tea!!!

But anyway on with my blog. Last Sunday (8th October) was an amazing day!!! For Kieron's birthday (which was back in January) I booked him a Rally Driving Experience Day, he's always wanted to do one and i thought it would be a perfect birthday prezzie!

I invited my brother to come along with us because he likes these types of activities and also because i didn't want to be standing around on my own whilst Kieron was off enjoying himself!!

Kieron decided to book it at the nearest destination, which was at Stratford on the Long Marston Air Field. We arrived at about 12.30pm, in plenty of time for Kierons' events due to start at 1.30pm. We parked the car and made our way over to the Welcolme tents. As Kieron was registering, Me and Gareth were admiring the cars at the front. There was a Lamborghini Murcieulago and Gallardo, Porsche 911(crap!), Bentley GT Continetal, Ferrari F40 and 355 (or something like that - not very good with Ferrari Models!!) and then......



...An Aston Martin DB9!!!!!


Me and Gareth were stunned. These cars have been mine and my brothers dream since I can remember, but up until now we had only seen ones drive past. Now we were standing right in fornt of one! Gareth then noticed a sign advertising things you could do on the day, all of them was paying so much to take one of the dream cars out onto the runway/track for so many laps you paid for. Before I could say "I wonder if the Aston is available?", Gareth had already run off into the tent to find out.

When I caught with him he had paid £75 for 2 laps in the Aston!!! I then asked the sales lady if there was an age limit ('cos knowing my luck there would be!!!) but no, aslong as you had a full driving licence you could have a go!!! YIPPPPEEEEEE!!!!

Kieron was really excited for us, and we waited by the "Aston Martin" sign, shortly after an instructor came over and took Gaz off to get in the Aston ready for his laps. He looked reallt good in it!!! 2 laps of a 2 mile track and Gareth came back buzzing, with a massive grin on his face. It was then my go and I was really nervous. I only booked 1 lap but it was still worth it! It was so smooth to drive and went like a bullet from a gun, I think i did about 130mph! The instructor was really good, he instructed which different cones to head for so you followed the best suited driving line for the car!!! It was an amazing experience, I met up with Gaz and Kieron who were waiting for me, I noticed they were both laughing. Gareth then explained that when they saw me approach the main track (the bit where you can go really fast!) there was a ferrari right behind me who was about to over take, when suddenly I left it standing in my wake. Kieron said it looked really funny especially knowing who was driving the Aston!!!!!

We then had to head off over to the back of the site where Kieron was going to do his rally experience. His day consisted as follows:

1-Drive a Subaru Impreza on a mud track
2-Drive a Mitsubishi Evo on a gravel track, doing handbrake turns
3- Drive another Mitsubishi Evo on the main track (where me and Gaz had drove the Aston!)
4-Taken on a passenger ride with an instructor driving on a high speed lap!

Kieron really enjoyed himself and thanked me taking him. At the end of the day there was a little certifcate ceremony for the rally drivers (Kieron came joint 3rd out of 12!) and Gareth got a printed photo of him in the Aston and more photos of him and me in the Aston on a CD!!!

It was a great day, mum was a bit disappointed that she didn't get to drive the Aston but i'm sure we will take her to do it one day!

There are some photos below, which I took on the day, see you soon x


Here's the Gallardo, which I think looks a bit nicer than the murcielargo!

The Murcielargo, these are supreme cars!

The Ferrari F40, nice but not my cup of tea!

The Ferari 355, very slick, but made a horrible high pitched noise!

Gareth getting into the Aston ready to do his 2 laps, Iooks nervous doesn't he!

Kieron started his experiences, starting with the Subaru on the mud track!

Still on the mud track, but no going the other way!!!

Kieron just coming back off the gravel track

Kieron about to go out on the track!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter