sel's spot

Monday, October 16, 2006

Ooops.........Sorry!!!!

Hello there bloggers,

Yes I know, I've been terrible at updating my site it's been 2 months since I've sat down to blog and my brother shamed me, so I thought this lunchtime I will site and type!!

So here I am!!!

Just as a brief summary of what's happened since I last blogged...

Dads birthday
bought him the Pink Panther dvd set and we went for an afternoon ski at the Snowdomw where I tried Blades for the 1st time. In the evening dad was going out so I met up with everyone at Emily's house for a bbq!!!!

Town & Country festival
It was ok, same old Town & Country stuff! ( some good photos on my brother's blog!!!)

Went to Devon for a day
Yes beginning of September and dad wanted a couple of days down south just to get a way from it all. We decided that we would stay in The Passage House hotel where we ahve stayed many times before. We arrived at about 11.00am Saturday morning and the weather was shit!! Yes it wasn't the sunny Devon that we remember! Any we were hungry and went to get a full English Breakfast in Teignmouth, it was great!

Afterwards we had a walk round all the old shops (that we've been to before but it was for old times sake!). The rain started getting heavier . So we headed out of Teignmouth towards Newton Abbot where there was an old little cinema, we decided to see what was on. After about a good half an hour trying to find it, we were about to give up when Gareth said "I think I've found it!", which he had and we decided to see what was on .......... absolutley nothing.

We then remembered a little snooker place and bowling allet, literally round the corner from the hotel, we set off to find it - and we did!!!! Only to find that it had been closed down and was now some chavvy nightclub!!!!! Oh, what to do, what to do. Dad then suggested going to the hotel and having a drink at the hotels pub. We were in there for a good 3 hours, each of us getting a round in!!! at about 5pm we decided to check into the room, get changed and come back to the pub for some grub and then possibly moving onto somewhere else.

We were greeted by the friendly hotel staff and made our way to the lovely room!!! As we walked my lungs were suddenly filled with horrible smoke, Graeth started coughing and dad had to stand by the window to get fresh air!! The room was full of cigarette smoke, you could actually see it in the room! Dad was not impressed and went down to reception to ask for another room. After about 15mins dad returned, with some bad news - this was the only room they had left!!!!!! We thought about it for awhile and decided we couldn't stay in the room and left. Getting back in dads car, we were left with wet hair, soggy shoes and now an empty stomach! After much debating we decided to come back to Brum, we stopped off in Rubry at Frankie & Bennys to getting something to eat, which was most enjoyable!! By now it was 9.45pm and dad dropped us off home.

Kieron had gone up town with Becky & Stu to The Gallows, I told Kieron I was home and to save him money on a taxi, I would pick him up at New Street Station. 1.30am Sunday morning, kie rung me for a lift. Gaz offered to drive as he was very bored. We picked them up, dropped Stu & Becky off and I stopped at Kierons.

What a weird day!!!!!

Other news that I can't think of titles for!
Gareth is still at Woodrush as a teaching assistant but instead of helping out certain kiddies in almost every subject, the school has put the TA's in one department to help out in! Well, it was good news for Gareth as he is well placed in the Art department. The art teacher was off sick the first few days back at term and Gareth well deservingly got to take some of the lessons.He's been on many trips (how he's survived - i don't know!) and has completed another Open Night (he needs a certificate or something!!)

My fab friends Emily and Rosey have now started their 3rd year at uni - WOW!!! I can not believe it's their 3rd year already, good luck to them and all I can say is DISSERTATION!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHA!

Also, fab friend Dan is now starting his Masters Degree at Coventry (Boffin!!) so Good Luck to him.

Fab friend Jim is still working at BT after many weeks of training days and leaving poor Emily on her own (how could you!!!! - only joking!!! :) )

*BIG EXCITING NEWS*

Yes, me and Kieron have bought a flat together!!!! LAst Saturday (October 7th) me and Kieron had arranged to meet Emma from Dixons Estate Agents to look at a first floor flat in Lazy Hill, Kings Norton. Number 29 and it was ok, an elderly lady was living there, it needed quite a bit of decorating but apart from that it wasn't bad.

We left the flat and Emma told us there was another flat for sale around the corner (number 143). So we decided it wouldn't hurt to look. This was a ground floor flat (which I prefer) and it was great, the lady that lives there at the moment has done it up really nice. All central heating, new blinds and curtains, a fire place in the living room, I really wanted it!!!

Emma was telling us that it had only just come back onto the market as the people who were buying it originally, found a flat they liked better and pulle dout of the deal, so the lady needs a fairly quick deal. Before I could say "We want it!" Kieron put in an offer in!

After much waiting in the afternoon Emma called me and said the owner had accepted, Me and Kieron were thrilled. I couldn't believe how lucky we had been to get it, also Emma said that the lady would leave the Cooker, Washing Machine, Fridge, Freezer, all the curtains and the blinds for a cheaper price than the original asking price!!! I was so excited.

We have now sorted out the mortgage and have just filled in the first of many solicitors' forms!!!!!

Here is the link for you all to view, I tried to upload the image from the web, but it didn't work, oh well!!!

http://www.dixonsestateagents.co.uk/property-details.php?pcode=KNO060289&dbtype=sales&rps=DXB_RPS&pamend=1160491035

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter