sel's spot

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Birthday Bonanza!!!!

Hello there readers, i am indeed officially 21!!!!!!

Wow i'm so old!
and also .......
*Big Exciting News*
Me and Kieron are engaged!!!!! I am very excited about it but i'm also very happy!

How the past week has developed......

Monday 13th was my birthday and i decided i wanted to see as many of my family as i could (seen as though it was a special birthday!)

Mum came and woke me at about 8.15 as she wanted me to open a few cards so Gaz could be there too. Gaz went off to work so I decided to quickly have a shower and then me and mum set off. We went over to nan & grandad's, they thought i would be too busy to see them so they were really happy when i arrived.

Grandad opened a bottle of wine (at 10 in the morning!!) and we had a little celebration. We left about 11 and headed off back to see my other nan. When i arrived she was playing the scissor sisters "don't feel like dancing"and was parading around the living room. We had a cup of tea and told her what prezzies i had so far. Time was ticking on and it was nearly 1pm!!!!!

Me and mum headed home, but my day didn't stop there! Dad came round to take me out. We went to Frankie & Benny's over at Rubery for some lunch (which was very tasty) and then for a laugh we had a quick game of bowling (the girl put us on lane 21!!!) it was coming up to 4pm and I had to go home to get ready to go out later with Kieron.

I was going to the NIA to see the scissor sisters, and i was getting very excited!!! I got to Kie's for about 6.00 and he was quickly having something to eat before we set off into town. The car parks around the NIA we really busy and i thought we would never get parked, but with Kieron's excellent driving (and a little bit of frustration) we found a place!

We were in the standing area and decided to get a drink before we went in. There were already quite a few people there (all trying to get to the front) but we found a great place (thanks to Kie) about 6 rows from the front and slightly to the left, it was great!! Also there that night was Becky and her cousin Laura, Becky rang me to see where i was standing i tried to guide her as best as possible, but within 2 minutes she had found me!!

The support band "Gossip" came one, the singer looked liked Kelly Osborne, the bass player looked like he had been malnurished his entire life and the drummer I couldn't decided if it was a bloke going through a sex change, or a lesbian!!!!!! Anyway they were crap and my legs started to ache!

After "Gossip" had left the stage, we had to wait for the stage to be altered a bit. Finally the Scissor Sisters came on the stage and the Brummie crown went wild. Jake and Ana Matronic got the crowd really pumping and it was such a great atmosphere. They did most of the songs off their new album but did the classics from the first.

After 1 and 1/2 hours their gig had come to an end, but our journey back to the car hadn't. It was manic trying to get out of the arena. Some woman kept trying to push me out of the door quicker but there was nowhere to go. Kieron held my hand to try and get us out but the same pushy woman barged through. I lost Kieron for about 5 minutes but he managed to find me!
*****************************
Tuesday and Wednesday i was back at work as normal - Boring!
*****************************
Thursday -AHA! I had the day off again to help mum to collect the food for my party. Hehehe! We did really well we got all of the food (catering for about 70 people) for about £80! (tesco every little really does help!)

My nan had previously said that if we needed any help we could ask her! So we dropped off the bread rolls for her to butter.

We unloaded the rest of the shopping at home and then decided what could be cooked that night and what should be cooked friday!

Kieron came round mine in the evening and we watched Transformers (as my brother had bought the 2nd series on DVD!)
*****************************

Friday morning - Party Day and i was awoken by mum as Kieron was on the phone for me. He had had a note put through his door to say my "ring" had arrived and i had to pick it up at Moseley Parcel Depot. We ordered my ring off the internet because the shops we had looked at had nothing i liked!!!
I drove straight over to Moseley and rushed up to the counter to get it. I was so happy when i opened the box. It's 9ct white gold with 14 diamonds (1/4 carat diamond if they were put together!)
I phoned Kieron and told him how lovely it looked (to be honest i almosted cried!!!)
I got home and showed mum she was happy for me. Unfortunately i couldn't celebrate for long as there were so many things to do, like the food. Mum had already got the oven on the go with different trays all cooking, the microwave was on, the kettle boiling - it was madness.
I started to take over with the cooking, and to be honest i thought i did a bloody good job aswell!!! 2pm arrived and we had finished. All the food was covered and ready to go. We loaded it all into my car and we headed off to nans to get the breadrolls.
We set off to the Red Lion and lay all the trays and dishes out onto the tables. We then whizzed back off to collect the balloons.
As we arrived back at the pub nan & grandad turned up with my cake! Grandad helped me with the balloons whilst mum and nan were organising the layout of the buffett!
It was 5pm!!! Me and mum shot off to start getting ready (i was very excited!), the time was flying by and before i knew it Kieron had arrived (i hadn't got my dress on!)
6.30pm and the taxi pulled up. After giving the driver detailed directions of how to get to the Red Lion, we arrived. Dad and nan were already there along with Gill & Alf. I went and introduced myself to the DJ for the evening as everyone started to arrive. By about 8.30 the room was nicely filled with all my friends and family!
I had a great time, everyone sang happy birthday and by about 12am everyone started to leave.
Me & Kie got home for about 12.45 and i went straight to bed!!
*****************************
Saturday was going to be another exciting evening as it was "Ladies Evening". Me and dad go every year, as dad is on the committee that helps organise it along with members of the skiing crew. But this year year was going to be different because Gareth was coming for the first time and we needed a mask!!
Gareth was taking Jenny as his guest, and we were at dads for 6.15 and the taxi arrived at 6.30. We got to the Chateux Impney in Droitwich for just gone 7. We greeted everbody in reception room and after about an hour, we were led into the dinner hall.
The evening was filled with lots of entertainment. We played a version of Deal or No Deal (which i won 50p), there was a best mask competition, a raffle and then the usual gag of the committee members doing their annual joke for the evening. This year the lads got dressed as 'The Tilla Girls' and came out wearing fishtights, leotards, and purple wigs and doind a little dance routine for us. It was hilarious (but also mentally scaring!).
The night went really well and i had as much fun as ever. Gareth really enjoyed it aswell and he will be joining us next year!!!
*****************************
I do have loads of photos to blog of all the different things that have happened these past few weeks, so i promise that i will do a big photo blog!!!
See you soon peeps xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter