sel's spot

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Things Can Only Get Better

Hello there people,

Well after i left you last week with me bored to tears, things actually started cheering up. Last Wednesday was a very exciting day at work because we had a power cut. At 11am all power that flowed through our building stopped and it stopped in buildings up the road and round the corner. The telephones were dead, my fax machine had stopped, i couldn't even make a cup of tea (that's just outrageous).

So i went and sat upstairs with the guys, they were complaing about all the work that would be lost (and i don't blame 'cos some of the drawings are quite complicated!!!!). So we all sat doing nothing, untill eventually Paul decided to play Eye-Spy but even that failed after 15 minutes. It was great not doing anything, we were all having a laugh. Peter had to go out for a meeting and wasn't coming back to the office so we were left to it, left to do nothing.

At 4pm the power was returned, 5 hours of total silence - BRILL!!! I had to go about re-setting the telephones and clocks on the machines but by the time i did that it was time to go home!!!

I got home and Kieron told me that Stuart and Becky were engaged. I sent Becky a text to say 'Congratulations'. She was over the moon. But then I also found out that some of the Sky channles on cabel had been removed because of the arguing and fighting between Virgin Media and Sky (Bastards!!!). So that has deffinatley ruined watching 'Lost' although Virgin do say that they will putting Lost on the their tv on demand service when the series finishes on Sky - HA!

Thursday and Friday were quiet at work, but i didn't mind becasue Peter was out of the office on both days and we hardly did anything at work- FAB!

Friday evening Kieron treated me to a bottle of wine and a chinese (which was lovely). We sat and watched Mr & Mrs Smith, its such a great film, quite funny in some places!!

Saturday was the day i had been waiting for as it was the day my organ was to arrive. I was fairly excited, me and Kieron sorted out the spare bedroom in which the organ would be put. At 10am my mum called to say that Ron and Grandad were just leaving with the organ and were on their way.

You see the organ is fairly monsterous and the top section has to be removed from the base for easier transportation. My nan and grandad's friends Beryl and Ron have a people carrier, and Ron offered to help transport it (Thanks Ron!).

Soon they arrived and Kieron helped bring the beast in. It was all done and connected within a harmless 15 minutes. When Grandad and Ron left, i quickly drove down to my mums so i could pick up some of my music books. I was so eager to play on my organ. I got to mums and Gaz came down the stairs with his new t-shirt on (i had been trying to guess what it was since Thursday!!) but finally my patience had paid off - he got a "I am the Stig" t-shirt from the TopGear website and theres a picture of the stig on the back. It is really cool!!!

Later that Afternoon, me and Kie met up with Stu and Becky. We went out for a nice meal at the Reservoir in Earslwood. It was a little celebratory meal for Stu and Becky's engagement. We went back to the flat but Stu and Becky were going out later with Becky's cousin so they left about 6.30.

Kieron had borrowed some DVD copies from his mum & dad. We borrwed Ghost Rider and The Illusionist. They are both excellent films. If you like the Marvel Comics/Films then Ghost Rider is the one to watch. I think Nicholas Cage palys the part really well, it's slightly predictable, but who cares when you're watching action packed stuff!!!

If you like twists in a story, then The Illusionist is the film to watch, everything is not what it seems. There's a great twist at the end, again it was a great movie!

Sunday was just like any other Sunday, not alot to do, nowhere to go. Me and Kieron just chilled all day, after we had done the shopping. I also went to my nans later that evening as usual.

And now back at work to start another week, i really don't like the way the weeks fly by, before i know it i'll be 22. Oh well, at least it only 4 weeks till i go skiing - WOOHOO!!


Cheerio all :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter