sel's spot

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

" ..... You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello....."

Hello fellow bloggers

Firstly let say HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all, secondly let me say sorry for not blogging for a couple of weeks, i have been pre-occupied of late and have been really busy over the crimbo holidays and you will see why as follows:-

Thursday 21st December - Works Xmas meal. We went to a small French restaurant in Corporation Street called 'La Bastille'. I had the day off to meet up with Rosey to hand over prezzies and to catch up on some stuff, which i really enjoyed. So i made my way back to work for 5pm and we soon made our way to the pub next door (Tarnished Halo) for a couple of drinks. We then headed off to a pub by St Phillips Cathedral called The Fighting Cock for another couple of drinks and then we slowly headed for the restaurant. I had ordered Steak for my main meal and i was looking forward to it (as i was very hungry by this point).

Sadly though, the meal was ok, the service wasn't that brill, but certainly had a laugh and a good time was had by all. I left around 9.30, got on the No. 2 bus back to Keiron's to see him for a bit before mum came and picked me up.

I also got a call today from my Solicitor telling me my completion date for the flat - i was very excited, we knew it wouldn't be before christmas as we were in a 'chain', and the person at the top of the chain had a couple of problems which meant they couldn't move out!!! So i thought it might have been middle of January, but when i spoke to Diane she had already exchanged contracts with our seller and the completion date would be 2nd January 2007!!! I was so excited, i phoned Kie to tell him the news, he was shocked!!!

Friday 22nd December - Our last day at work, we were fairly busy but it wasn't too bad. We were allowed to leave at 4 (instead of 5) and we each received a bottle of wine (which i drunk that night at Kie's!!!)

Christmas Day - I got some really good stuff ranging through cd's, dvd's, music books, some groovy furry house socks, money and then all the little extra items you get!! Nan & Grandad came up to mum's house in the morning, who were shortly followed by Kieron, who stayed for a couple of hours before going back home for his mum's xmas dinner. About 4pm me and gaz decided to down to dad's house to see Aunty Jan, Lyd, Rach and Nan. We had another short prezzie session before watching the tv (which was quite dull!). A bit later on (after watching the Dr Who xmas special) gaz took me home so i could go down to Kieron's to give him some little prezzies my nan had got for him.

Boxing Day - Me and mum went to see nan & Grandad for a while before i met up with Kieron at the cinema to see 'Night At the Museum'. It was very funny and deffinatley worth seeing.

Friday 29th December - 6pm Rosey and Dan came to pick me up as we were going to Burton-on-Trent to meet up with Richard and Angi (and some of Angi's friends) to go to a chinese restaurant. We met up with Emily and Jim at the carpark before going in. Shortly after Rich and Angi arrived and we were soon going to our tables ready to get something to eat. On our table was Me, Rosey, Dan, Emily, Jim, Rich and three of Angi's friends who i think were called Adam, Claire and one i can't remember!

During the course of the evening, one of Angi's friends asked me where i was from as they couldn't distinguish my accent, i politely replied i was from Birmingham, but confused her when Rosey told her she was from Solihull. Then amazingly we all got into a debate about Solihull and Birmingham and i think we scared them away!!! But all in all i had a good time and a great laugh and i was so stuffed!!!!

New Years Eve - We went round to Andy and Becky's house where we had lots of food and drink, there was music on and everybody there was in good spirits (even tho we didn't know half of them!). We sat with Andy's brother Steve (who is also Kie's friend) and his girlfriend Natalie. It was nice just to chill for the evening, until the countdown!!
Hopefully this year we will be able to have people round our flat!
Tuesday 2nd January 2007 - The day we moved in!!!
It was also the first day back at work, so i decided to go in for the morning so that i wasn't leaving anybody in the crap! I already knew we wouldn't be getting the keys until the afternoon. I said hello to everyone at work and they were all really excited for me! At about 11am Diane the Solicitor called me to tell me that she was waiting for our money to be transfered over and that when she received it, she would pass it straight over to the seller's solicitor. I was very excited but also nervous as i thought something might go wrong!
Kieron had taken the day off, he was hiring a transit van for the move and my brother was going to help him - hahaha.
12.30pm arrived and i started to make my way home. I rang mum to tell her i had finished for the day and that she would me meet as usual at my nans to pick me up! On the bus home, Diane called me to say that the money had just arrived and that it would take about an hour for the Seller's solicitor to recieve it - i was getting even more excited and even more nervous!
I got home to be greeted by my nan & grandad who had bought up a little prezzie for me & kieron for the flat. It was a big box full of little things (mainly for the kitchen!). There were oven gloves, washing up liquid, kitchen roll, loo roll, dishcloths, dusters and other little things. They also gave me a little sandwich maker and 4 tumbler glasses.
As they were leaving, my phone rang, i quickly looked at the time, it was 2.30pm!!! I answered my phone and it was Emma at the estate agents "You can collect your keys at 3!"
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!
I was so excited! I quickly dashed to the kitchen grabbed my car keys and shot down to Kieron's. I told him we could pick the keys up at 3 and he was excited too. Kieron and Gaz had already put the first load into the van, mainly consisting of Kie's small items, like lamps and computer etc. We dashed off to Kings Norton Green, to the estate agents. We were only there for 2 mins, all i had to do was sign to say i had collected them and off we went!
With Gareths help the 1st load only took half an hour, and we were quickly heading off to mums house to collect my furniture. My mum followed us back to the flat in her car, 'cos she wanted to be nosy and see what the flat was like!
Again with Gareths help, it wasnt long before the flat was turning into our home. Me mum started to unpack the small things (again for some reason mainly the kitchen stuff!) Before long, everything was taking shape and mum had bought a bottle of wine with her to have a little celebration (thankfully the wine bottle was a screw top!). Kieron and Gareth decided to leave the wardrobes and the sofa for Wednesday, as they were both tired from all the lifting. So Kieron set about putting the bed up so that we had somewhere to sleep.
Mum and Gaz left, and me and Kie decided to call it a night and we would start again tomorrow!!
Wednesday 3rd January - Our 1st proper day in the flat, i had to get up and go to the Alexander Hospital to have some moles checked out. So whilst i was gone Kieron got Gaz to quickly help move the sofas and wardrobes in.
About 10.30am, i was leaving the hospital all checked and okey'd, when kie rang me and said that he and gaz had finished. As i got back to mums house i loaded my fiesta with my clothes, said goodbye to mum and i set off.
We had to take the van back (which was simple) and then onward bound we went to Tesco in Shirley - we were about to commence on our first shop!!!
We decided we would go upstairs to the home section and then back down to do the food shopping. It was so funny, me and kie dashing down the aisles grabbing a wash basket and a mop (yes we did get some strange looks!) After filling two trolleys with 'Home' stuff, we decided to go and pay for it all and then come back to do the food bit. My car was quickly filled, and we were worried we weren't going to get the other shopping in.
After spending a good 2 hours in and out of aisles and freezers, we were done - we had conquered Tesco!!!! Everything was soon quickly packed and paid for, and with Kieron's strange ability to fit so much into a little car we were off home.
Back at the flat, we started to unpack the shopping, which i decided i was going to sort out, whilst Kieron started manoeuvring furniture and sorting out the bedroom. It was approaching 6pm and we were settled!
We were very proud of ourselves, and had our first meal in the flat - Pizza & Chips!!! Lovely!
Saturday 6th January - It was going to be another busy day! Telewest were coming to fit up the broadband internet, we had a guy coming to see about our Aerial as we were getting no signal! Mum, Gaz, Nan & Grandad and Nanny Evans were coming up to have a look at the flat, Becky & Stuart and Steve & Natalie were coming in the evening and between all this me and Kie had to get a coffee table, a computer desk, beanbags, rug, clock and other little bits!
We got up at 8.30 and were about to head out the door and Telewest arrived to set the internet up. It only took 30mins, the aerial chap was coming around 3ish so we knew we were safe to leave the flat for a bit. We headed off to Kings Heath and Kie started to look at the furniture, it wasn't long before those little tickets were filled and we were waiting patiently for a little magical elf to bring us our prize!!
With the the flat packs being set up by Kie, i set about tidying up the kitchen for our visiotrs to arrive - hehehe! Soon the flat was filled with my family and i showed all round. They couldn't believe how big the place was and they were all very happy for us!
Grandad had bought a bottle of red to open and Nan. E had bought me some little wine glasses (lucky!!)
Everyone started to filter off home about 5ish, me and Kie quickly had something to eat before Steve & Stu came round.
Stu & Becky came round and the drinks were poured. We were all having a chat and a laugh, music was playing and everyone was enjoying themselves, Steve & Nat were runnign abit late, but they were soon to come through the door.
We were soon playing 'Atmosphere' and having a great a great time. Everyone left about 1.30am, and i was knackered!!!
Sunday 7th January - Me and Kie decided we would take a small trip into town, just to have a nose at the Sales. I had some vouchers left from my birthday which i took along in anticipation. Kie decided he wanted to buy a cheap RPG game either for his 360 or PS2, it wasn't long before i was dragged off into all the game shops, but he settled for 'Dirge of Cerberus' Final Fantasy 7 add-on, the main character is Vincent Valentine (for anyone who knows about Final Fantasy!), he also bought 'Muse' new album which is very cool. I bought myself some DKNY perfume which smells like apples!!! and i saw some boots in M&S which i liked but didn't have my size.
We decided to go home, and Kie started on our first Sunday lunch, we had chicken, mashed potato, roast potatoes, sausage, peas, sweetcorn and plenty of gravy - it was delicious.
And there we have it readers, a complete update on ME!!!!
Hope you liked it (sorry if it was a bit long!!!)
xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
hit Counter